Monday, September 8, 2008

News

From an email I just sent to friends:

I just got the phone call that I knew was coming...my grandma (my dad's mom) just passed away. She had been battling the last stage of Alzheimers for a while now, so it was just a matter of time.

As [friend's name deleted for privacy] has said many times about her mom, this is actually a blessing. The world had been a scary place for her for quite a while now and her own body stopped functioning as a basic human being in the last few months. She couldn't physically do anything for herself and, for my grandma, that was hell. I know she's in a better place. I do worry about my grandpa now, but I know my family will rally around him.

Everything that made her "her" had been stripped from her in these last couple of years, but I know it's all being restored now.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

It's always sad losing a loved one, but now that I understand what is in store for them in heaven, I rejoice that they no longer have to suffer. I am sad for me, for I no longer get to share in their company, but knowing they are in a much better place brings me such peace.

I lift your grandpa and family up in prayer that you rest in the Lord and that his peace that transcends all understanding is within you.

Brigitte said...

We are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I hope your grandpa will be able to find peace. We are here for you if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Hugs!!

Theresa said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. Your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your well and I am sure you are bringing comfort to your grandfather.

Hurry back, your presence is missed.

PS My speech for nursing home volunteers went rather well. I got 4 volunteers from a room of 8. (small group that night) not bad I guess. Your statistic brought groans. It was great! Thanks