Sunday, February 8, 2009

Polaroid

I haven't mentioned on my blog, but I collect Polaroid cameras. I don't have a large collection by any means, but I have made some wonderful buys in thrift stores, garage sales, and craigslist. I have an SX-70 II in its original box (with a Kamera flash to fit in its original Woolworths box), a ColorPack I, a ColorPack II, a Captiva SLR, a JoyCam, and the first One-Step (in its original carrying case). But, as we Polaroid lovers know, the discontinuation of Polaroid film has made it impossible to find it except for a few overpriced exceptions on Ebay (and I've yet to win a bid).

In spite of this, I still collect Polaroids because I love them. But I have missed being able to take those wonderfully faded, slightly out-of-focus pictures. So imagine how happy I was to find a Polaroid 600 on my local craigslist (600 films are more widely available). It even came with film, which is slightly out-of-date and is producing some wonderfully washed-out pictures.



Don't you feel like you could walk down this breezeway and go right back into the 70's? And, hopefully, the Impossible Project will be a success and bring back more film for us Polaroid lovers.




1 comment:

Brigitte said...

WOW! I was thinking the exact same thing! Before I read the last part of your blog, the part under the pic, I was thinking of how it looked like a photo from the 70s! Amazing! You find the coolest stuff.